• What is a Student Visa (Subclass 500)?

    A Student Visa (Subclass 500) is a visa that allows international students to study full-time in registered courses in Australia.

  • How do I apply for a Student Visa?

    Apply online through the official website of the Department of Home Affairs. Provide proof of enrollment, financial capacity, health insurance, and other required documents.

  • What are the eligibility requirements for a Student Visa?

    You must be accepted into a full-time registered course, have health insurance (Overseas Student Health Cover - OSHC), and meet English language proficiency requirements.

  • Can I work on a Student Visa?

    Yes, generally, you are allowed to work part-time during the academic session and full-time during scheduled breaks. Family members may also have work rights.

  • How long does a Student Visa last?

    The duration depends on the length of your course. You can apply for a visa extension if you continue your studies.

  • What types of courses are available for international students?

    Australian universities offer a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, vocational education and training (VET) courses, English language courses, and more.

  • What are the health requirements for a Student Visa?

    Depending on your circumstances, you may need to undergo a health examination. Health insurance (OSHC) is mandatory.

  • What are the financial requirements for a Student Visa?

    You need to demonstrate sufficient funds to cover living costs and tuition fees. The specific amount depends on your circumstances.

  • Can I bring family members on a Student Visa?

    Yes, you can include family members in your visa application, and they may have work rights.

  • How can I renew or extend my Student Visa?

    Apply for a visa extension online. You need to provide proof of continued enrollment and meet other requirements.

  • Are there scholarships available for international students?

    Many Australian universities offer scholarships for international students. Check with the respective universities for available opportunities.

  • Is there support for international students in Australia?

    Yes, universities provide support services, including orientation programs, counseling, and assistance with accommodation.

  • What are the English language proficiency requirements?

    Most universities accept tests like IELTS or TOEFL as proof of English language proficiency.

  • How can I find information about courses and universities in Australia?

    Visit the official websites of Australian universities and the official Study in Australia website for comprehensive information.
    Always check for the latest information and any changes in visa regulations on the official Australian immigration website or by consulting with the relevant authorities.

Scroll to Top